Have you ever woken up with agonizing pain in your neck? The kind that isn’t too serious for a doctor but at the same time is just absolutely distressing!
Well, that is precisely the kind of pain that can be relieved by using a Neck Hammock.
It is a mechanical cervical traction device designed to reduce your neck pain in 10 minutes or less.
And the best part is it is FDA-approved. Not only is it designed by one of the leading physical therapists in California, but it is also used in athlete training and intense stretching.
The Neck Hammock is an easily portable device containing a cranial cushion attached to two stretchable straps.
These straps can be attached to a sturdy doorknob, a windowsill, or any other heavy furniture in the house.
Once strapped tight, all you need to do is lay your head in the cranial cradle.
It helps you relax your cervical discs, which cushion your head from any pressure and carry the weight of your head all day long.
Is The Neck Hammock Really Helpful?
Cervical traction devices have been in the market for decades.
What these devices do is release the pressure in your cervical disks C1-C7, thus relaxing the entire spinal column.
Cervical traction is an ancient technique used to remove the pressure from the neck by pulling the head upwards.
Although it sounds a bit painful, it provides instant release to the neck and reduces tension.
Instead of using the traditional stretching technique, Dr. Steve Sudell decided to create a device, which is portable, light, and easy to use.
Instead of depending on over-the-counter pain medication, expensive visits to the chiropractor, or heavy, outdated cervical traction devices, Steve decided to create something extraordinarily simple for his clients.
He realized the need for such a device, and after thorough research and countless years of practice, he came up with the perfect instrument!
After achieving more than his desired financial goal on Kickstarter, Dr. Sudell got to work by investing the crowdfunded amount of $2 million into the Neck Hammock, recommended by chiropractors, therapists, and other experts in the field of physical therapy.
How Does This Device Work, And What Are The Benefits
Well, the best part about the Neck Hammock is that it does not use any external pressure on your neck.
When you attach the straps to a sturdy piece of furniture and lay your head in the padded cradle, the weight of your head and gravity help release the pressure from your neck.
That is how simple it is.
But how can such a simple device have so many benefits? The answer lies in the technique. Don’t be fooled by its simplicity.
The neck needs to be stretched well daily, and that is what the Neck Hammock does, but without any external help or force.
These aren’t the only benefits of the traction device. Let’s dive a little deeper into them.
- The Neck Hammock strengthens the muscles around the neck by reducing the pressure on the nerves and discs.
- It regulates blood circulation and tones the neck muscles, thus providing stability to the head.
- Apart from this, it also nourishes the cartilages, increases blood circulation, which in turn nourishes and provides oxygen to the soft tissues, neck muscles, and ligaments.
- The Neck Hammock provides relief from massive headaches and reduces herniated disks.
- It also helps you relax after a long day at work.
- Improving the posture of both your head and your body is another added benefit of using this device.
- The Neck Hammock is portable, affordable, and easy to use anywhere. It comes with a portable bag which can be carried anywhere.
- It also saves time and relaxes you within 3-10 minutes, depending on the severity of the pain. If you feel the need to use it for a longer time, you can go for it. Provided you are comfortable and do not have any severe neck issues.
- The materials used to make the Neck Hammock are sturdy and washed at home. It is easy to maintain and even easier to use.
- The straps are strong, which means your head is safely alleviated, the cervical cushion is also soft and well padded. It fits all sizes, so you do not have to worry about a custom order.
- The Neck Hammock does not require any electricity and can be used as many as three times a day, depending on your stress levels!
Side-Effects And More!
Like any other product, the Neck Hammock also has a few downsides. Fortunately, these side effects are mild and have only been reported by a very small number of people.
Fainting, headaches, and nausea are some of the side effects. If you feel any of the above symptoms, kindly stop using the device and visit a doctor immediately.
The Neck Hammock is also not advised for people suffering from Osteomyelitis, Acute Cervical Injury, Hypermobility, Rheumatoid Arthritis, or a tumor in the neck.
Children below the age of 16 must not use this device without proper supervision by a doctor.
Another minor issue was the lack of instructions on how to use it. The exact location to place your head on is not clearly described in the instruction’s manual.
Fortunately, users usually figure out the position that fits them the best. A few have complained about the straps snapping, but this is rare.
It is strongly advised that the straps be attached firmly to a substantial piece of furniture, a wooden door, or a windowsill.
Anything strong enough to hold the weight of your head! Make sure you are alert, careful, and aware while using it!
It is a fantastic invention, designed to put your neck at ease without putting pressure on your pockets.
The latest design gives you maximum mobility and comfort compared to the old devices that included inconvenient, uncomfortable chin straps.
Since it is FDA approved, you can rely on its safety and trust that a Doctor of Physical Therapy has put his dedicated research in creating an effective remedy for neck problems!