We value your privacy
and are committed to protecting it.
As used in this policy, the terms “Circle,” “us,” “we,” “our,” and “ourselves” refer to Hawthorne Labs, Inc. (“the Company” that created Circle). The terms “you,” “your,” and “yourself” refer to users of our Services.
- Information We Receive
Voluntarily Provided Information
- Registration (Facebook Third Party Login)
- Circle is a location-based social network, built to help you interact with the people around you. Unless you choose to turn off our location services, we regularly collect your location information by using the GPS capabilities of your mobile phone. By using our Services, you consent to our collection, storage, and analysis of your location data.
- Users near you may be able to see your approximate location, any mutual friends you share with that user, and any other information you’ve decided to keep public, including profile information and the networks to which you belong. Users viewing this information may use it or transmit it to other individuals or parties without our knowledge. Your location information, therefore, may be subject to misuse by others. Please be aware that you share your location, and any other data you choose to make public, at your own risk.
- Device Information
- We collect information regarding your mobile device’s operating system and the unique device identifier number associated with your mobile phone in order to provide support to users experiencing technical issues and to ensure that we can remove any users who violate our Terms of Service from our Services. For the same reasons, we may collect information regarding the IP addresses of users of our Services, and may use “cookies” to provide additional functionality to our web Services.
- Children’s Information
- Voluntarily Provided Information
- Aggregate Information
- We take individual user data and aggregate it to perform certain analysis of our Services. This might include things like counting the number of users of our Services or analyzing trends in downloads, invites, or messaging, for instance. We also sometimes aggregate individual data to perform demographic analysis of our users. This might include determining the average age of our user population or the distribution of gender in our user base.
- Personal Information
- How Information May Be Used
How Information May Be Used by Circle (Hawthorne Labs, Inc.)
- We use Personal Information in order to provide the best Services possible. This includes providing the core functionality of Circle (connecting you to people nearby by displaying your profile to them), responding to your inquiries, providing technical support, improving your user experience, communicating with you, and for any other purpose for which you have provided information.
- Aggregate Information
- We may share non-identifiable aggregate data and statistics with affiliates, agents, business partners, and third parties. This aggregated data does not identify you personally.
- Personal Information
- How Information May Be Used by Circle (Hawthorne Labs, Inc.)
- Our Services may contain links to other websites not operated or controlled by Hawthorne Labs, Inc. The policies and procedures described herein do not apply to these third party websites. Links from our Services do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed these third party sites. Contact those sites directly for information on their privacy policies.
- How Your Privacy is Protected
- Circle takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, abuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. However, no Internet, email, mobile or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us. You, the user, are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your login information to help prevent others from accessing your personally identifiable information.
- Please remember that you share your location, and any other data you choose to make public, at your own risk. Users near you may be able to see your approximate location, your profile photograph, any mutual friends you share with that user, and any other information you’ve decided to keep public, including profile information and the networks to which you belong. Users with this information may misuse it or transmit it to other parties without our knowledge. Be aware that your location and any other information you choose to make public, therefore, may be subject to misuse and abuse by others. You can control what information is public, and to whom it is visible, by changing your privacy settings.